Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information about conference speakers in order to facilitate the organization and management of the conference. This information may include:
- Name and contact information (email, phone number)
- Job title and organization
- Biographical information and photo
- Presentation materials and handouts
We collect this information directly from you when you register to speak at the conference, or when we invite you to speak at the conference.
Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you about the conference, including logistics and scheduling
- To promote your participation in the conference on our website and social media channels
- To distribute presentation materials and handouts to conference attendees
- To comply with legal requirements, such as reporting on the diversity of conference speakers
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties:
- Conference organizers and staff who require access to your information to facilitate the organization and management of the conference
- Conference sponsors and partners who require access to your information to promote the conference
- Service providers who provide support services to the conference, such as event registration and technical support
- Government authorities, if required by law
Storage of Personal Information
We store your personal information securely and take appropriate measures to protect it from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We retain your personal information throughout the conference period to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected as long as the association’s members and or conference delegates need the information provided by the speaker, or long as we have your permission to keep your personal data.
Under the Kenya Data Protection Act 2019, you have the following rights:
- Right to Access: A data subject has the right to request access to their personal data that is being processed by a data controller or data processor.
- Right to Correction: If a data subject’s personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, they have the right to request that the data be corrected or updated.
- Right to Erasure: A data subject has the right to request that their personal data be erased if it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, if consent is withdrawn, or if it was processed unlawfully.
- Right to Data Portability: A data subject has the right to request that their personal data be transferred from one data controller to another in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- Right to Object: A data subject has the right to object to the processing of their personal data for specific purposes such as direct marketing.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: A data subject has the right to request that the processing of their personal data be restricted in certain circumstances such as when accuracy is in dispute or the processing is unlawful.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: A data subject has the right to withdraw their consent at any time without penalty.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information as a conference speaker, or if you would like to exercise your rights under the Kenya Data Protection Act 2019, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.