ADVERTISEMENT FOR SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES
The Kenya Paediatric Fellowship Program (KPFP) is pleased to announce exciting scholarship opportunities for individuals seeking to advance their careers in paediatrics. These scholarships are available in 14 specialized program areas offered by the following institutions; The University of Nairobi, Moi University, Aga Khan University, and Gertrude’s Institute of Child Health & Research as shown below:
|Course||Specialization level||Target Cadre||Study Duration||Mode of study||University of Nairobi||Moi University||Aga Khan University||Gertrude’s Institute of child health|
|1||Neonatology||Post MMed||Paediatricians||2 Years||Full time||x||x||x|
|2||Paediatric Haematooncology||Post MMed||Paediatricians||2 Years||Full time||x|
|3||Paediatric Endocrinology||Post MMed||Paediatricians||2 Years||Full time||x|
|4||Paediatric Infectious diseases||Post MMed||Paediatricians||2 Years||Full time||x|
|5||Paediatric Emergency and critical care||Post MMed||Paediatricians||2 Years||Full time||x||x|
|6||Paediatric Nephrology||Post Mmed||Paediatricians||2 Years||Full time||x|
|7||Paediatric Pulmonology||Post Mmed||Paediatricians||2 Years||Full time||x|
|8||Paediatric Gastroenterology||Post Mmed||Paediatricians||2 Years||Full time||x|
|9||Paediatric Neurology||Post Mmed||Paediatricians||2 Years||Full time||x||x|
|10||Paediatric Cardiology||Post MMed||paediatricians||2 Years||Full time||x|
|11||Paediatric critical care Nursing||HND||Nurses||18 months||Full time||x|
|12||Paediatric Nursing||HND||Nurses||18 months||Full time||x|
|13||Paediatric Oncology Nursing||HND||Nurses||18 months||Full time||x|
|14||Midwifery||Degree||Nurses||2.5 years||Full time||x|
The scholarships are reserved for:
- Paediatricians with M.Med in Paediatrics to sub-specialize in Neonatology, paediatric haemato-oncology, paediatric endocrinology, paediatric infectious diseases, paediatric emergency & critical care, paediatric nephrology, paediatric pulmonology, paediatric gastroenterology, paediatric neurology, paediatric cardiology.
- Kenya registered nurses to specialize in paediatric critical care nursing, paediatric nursing, paediatric oncology nursing and nursing midwifery.
Candidates who work in the following areas will be prioritized.
- County Governments within the Republic of Kenya
- Facilities with existing staff trained through Kenya Paediatric Fellowship Program
- Faculty in Public training institutions and Faith-Based organization training institutions
- Health workers in Faith-Based organizations
- New-born Essential Technologies (NEST) sites in Kenya will be prioritized for the training of neonatologists and midwives
- College of Paediatrics sites
- Staff from the national and county Teaching and Referral Hospitals which host the KPFP Training institutions will be considered
- The larger Eastern Africa region
- ELMA supported countries such as (Malawi, Ethiopia & Rwanda) on condition that the programs are not offered in those countries.
Each candidate must go through the following process to be awarded a scholarship:
- Preauthorization by the employer during the application
- Shortlisting and interviewing by the training institution.
- Admission by the training institution
- Selection by the KPFP scholarships selection committee
- Release and bonding by the employer as per the public service commission guidelines
- Enrolment by the training institution
The scholarship caters for the following during the study period.
- UON: Tuition Fees, Stipend, Book Allowance, Research Support, Rotational Cost
- Moi University: Tuition Fees, Stipend, Computer Allowance, Library/Journal Access Fees, Conference Support, Research Support, Publication Support.
- Aga Khan University: Tuition Fees, Stipend, Conference Support /Workshops attendance, Research Support, Rotational Cost for all cadres and Nursing Council indexing, examination and Registration for midwifery trainees only.
- Gertrude’s Institute of Child Health & Research: Tuition Fees, Accommodation, Stipend, Transport Stand-alone, Book Allowance, Research Support.
To qualify, you will need to apply separately for the training program directly to the institution offering the training. To be awarded a scholarship, you must get an unconditional offer for one of your course choices. To apply for these training programs, interested applicants should visit the respective institutional application portals for detailed information about the training programs. Find the links to the institutional application portals below:
- University of Nairobi: http://www.application.uonbi.ac.ke/
- Moi University: https://admissions.mu.ac.ke/
- Aga Khan University: https://www.aku.edu/mcea/pgme/Pages/Fellowships.aspx
- Gertrude’s Institute of Child Health & Research: www.gerties.org
Please note that the scholarships are subject to the availability of funding. In case of any queries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.